We currently have field programmes due for commencement from late-November and require geologists who are experienced in the field and in the supervision of drilling rigs.
As a minimum, candidates will:
- Hold a tertiary qualification in geology.
- Have three to four years' good field experience in supervising drilling rigs and geological logging, with much or all of this in coal.
- Be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office and geological data management programs such as LogCheck and Geobank.
- Currently hold the requisite Queensland coal industry competencies - Standard 11, Mining Supervisor (S1, S2, S3) and Coal Board Medical.
- Hold a current First Aid and CPR certificate.
- Be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen.
- Hold a current, clean and open Class C Queensland Driver Licence and a Light Vehicle/4WD/Defensive Driving qualification. Must be able to drive a manual vehicle.
Preference will be given to those candidates who can demonstrate:
- Experience in the Bowen Basin and familiarity with the associated coal measures.
- Significant rig time logging and sampling chips and core for coal quality purposes, including LOX drilling.
- Experience in geotechnical logging, preferably in Bowen Basin coal measures.
- Experience in Q1 gas testing and sampling.
- Experience managing multi-rig programmes.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on excellence.
- A great work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Strong communication skills and client focus.
Send resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org