Title: Android Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Location: New Albany, OH
We are looking for an Android engineer responsible for the development and maintenance of e-commerce based applications. Your primary focus will be development of Android applications, shared SDK’s across applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Design and build applications for the Android platform
- Follow and advocate the patterns of Test Driven Development.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Help plan and estimate stories in an Agile environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field plus 3+ years of experience OR 5+ years of experience otherwise
- Proficient with Java and Android SDK
- Expertise in architecting/designing/
developing highly performant Android applications
- Knowledge of SQLite, MySQL or similar database management system
- Experience with web service integration (REST, JSON, XML)
- Experience of development using web technologies
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs (e.g. social media)
- Experience implementing push notification strategies
- Familiarity with Agile development and works well in a large cross-functional team
- Understanding of Material Design
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Send resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org