To be successful for this position, you will need to have a strong, technical background in Water Resources Engineering including; surface / groundwater assessment projects, hydrodynamic modelling, water resources analysis, water balance and associated technical aspects.
You will be confident in managing a team of professionals and providing mentoring and technical guidance to them with support from other senior staff and management.
You will also be able to maintain successful ongoing client relationships and assist with securing forward workload through business development activities to ensure the commercial success of the team.
What you need:
- A relevant Tertiary Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Current Membership (or Eligibility for membership) of Engineers Australia
- Around 12 + years experience including significant experience in a consultancy environment
- Experience in Water Engineering projects for the mining, industrial / commercial development and / or infrastructure sectors.
- Strong skills in critically reviewing water engineering calculations, models and reports.
- Strong data analysis and investigation skills.
- The ability to prepare robust and defendable engineering reports with experience in external forums (court etc) desirable.
- The ability to work within budget and meet deadlines.
- The ability to provide leadership, technical review and guidance to a team of professionals.
- The ability to liaise and communicate effectively with key clients and contribute towards business development for Water and related services.
What's in it for you?
- A secure position with a stable, well-established organisation that has strong client relationships in place and is committed to continued, sustainable growth.
- The chance to manage a team of professionals in a manner that has clear accountability and responsibilities, with the support of a national organisation.
- The opportunity to play a key role in a company that has a strong commitment and values its team.
- Genuine opportunities for personal and professional development
- The chance to work with a great team of professionals including colleagues who are national leaders in their fields.
- Approachable, down to earth management with supportive, friendly and professional working environment.
- A work environment that provides for flexibility and adaptability.
- Good salary (negotiable depending on experience), and a remuneration approach that rewards hard work and outstanding results
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com