Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management. We hire individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. With a mission to make the most of our clients' energy, we can help solve the global energy dilemma by helping companies and individuals make more efficient use of the energy they already use. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green.
Join Schneider Electric and power your career! Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as a Project Manager (10 Months FTC).
· An excellent software engineer and software project manager all rolled into one
· Excited about working with cutting edge technologies and methodologies
· Ready to help your customers by solving their essential problems
· You can see the next big idea before anybody else
· Open to new ideas and not afraid of getting out of your comfort zone to innovate
· A solid team player who thrives in a hectic development environment
If this sounds like you, then read on…
Schneider Electric is looking for an experienced software project manager. You will help to deliver world-class software products focused on solving the needs of our customers. You are comfortable managing software projects that will deliver products that will be installed and used by millions of customers worldwide. You enjoy leading and coaching others in Project Management practices. This position reports to the Director of Software Development.
Core requirements:The successful candidate will have all of the following skills, expertise etc:
• Experience in a software R&D environment, including software project management experience.
• Experience in project management including: the development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale programs with experience in operational management and execution involving major development projects and programs.
• Experience using structured project management methodologies and/or experience with Agile or other iterative methods. Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development practices, past experience leading scrum teams or managing the process would be a valuable skill for the role.
• Good knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle with experience in knowing what works and what doesn’t from a project management perspective.
• Bachelor, Master or better degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant area.
• Ability to manage the communication of goals and objectives, status and progress of project to management and to the team.
• Documents, communicates and administers key project management processes within the project team and across the company.
• Customer focused with solid relationship management skills with an ability to influence others.
• Leads and coaches others in Project Management practices
• Risk Management expertise - Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks.
• Responsible for the creation of project management documents including status reports, project plans, communications plans, lessons learned and compiling historical information.
• Coding skills in one or more of C++/ Java / C# / Web development
• Enthusiasm and a desire to be the best within your field.
• Substantial knowledge of software development best practices.
• Ability to build strong bonds with employees to foster open, honest and candid communication.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Ability to manage change in an organization engineering its culture and approach to workload management.
• Metric driven and accountable for results.
• Expertise in Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
• Some foreign travel will be required on occasion.
• Some experience with working with Lotus Notes would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have:
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong stand-up presentation and training skills.
· Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills
· Stays current and is conversant with PM industry standards - educates & shares with other Production team members. Analyze applicability of new standards and implement when it makes sense.
· Presents analysis, reporting and recommendations to the management team and can provide appropriate input to the executive level decision making process. Utilizes reporting and metrics to manage organizational performance.
· Manage communication with project stakeholders and business leaders through frequent project team meetings and steering committees on the progress of the implementation efforts and to drive project issue resolution.
· Acts as a champion for our customers through delivery of products that exceed in quality and response times while balancing company profitability goals and resource utilization.
· The ability to engage executives and customers in technical and product discussions
The following Capabilities and Skills are desirable:
• Project management qualification a distinct advantage, e.g. PMP, Prince 2, MPM, CPM, CompTIA Project+, etc.
• Experience developing web applications on multi-platform browser technologies or Windows .NET based applications.
• Graphical User Interface design knowledge and design for usability
• Experience developing software applications for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux & Unix.
• Knowledge of VMware or other virtualization technologies
• Object Oriented Design methodologies and software design principles
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com