In this role you will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by industry leaders. You will be part of team working on a range of projects including biodiversity impact assessments, ecological monitoring, biodiversity management plans and proposals. You will have the opportunity to work within different sectors including mining and extractive industries, infrastructure, transport and land development.
This role can be based in our Sydney or Newcastle office. The role will require field work across NSW with the possibility of some project work in QLD.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate the following:
- a degree in ecology or related discipline;
- seven years plus of post graduate experience in ecological consulting;
- sound skills in ecological field survey;
- sound understanding of impact assessment in accordance with the Threatened Species Conservation Act 1995 and Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999;
- high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- NSW Biobanking accreditation (or be in the process of obtaining);
- ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
- be able to show initiative and be proactive;
- highly organised and able to handle multiple projects;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
- a willingness to learn and be mentored;
- a strong work ethic;
- be proficient in Microsoft Office applications; and
- have a current valid unrestricted drivers licence.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com