All about Job Opportunities and information for
Jobs in USA , for Jobs in Pakistan , for Jobs in India , for Jobs in Saudi Arabia, for Jobs in UAE , for Jobs in Middle East. It contains open vacancies for various professions across the globe.
Design Engineering Manager Job in Sultanate of Oman
-A part of the Senior Management team who is responsible for managing how we manage engineering within the organisation. - To manage the design so that works can be completed cost effectively, in line with the construction programme, constructed safely and to the highest quality. - To manage a support service team so that all team members are fully utilised and off-hired where possible.
Summary of the Job Role:
- Overseeing and promotion of the Engineering and Technical activities undertaken on our projects as well as during the bidding stage. - To oversee the engineering process, provide support and assistance to the technical aspects of the construction process and the interface between design and construction. - T o provide proactive Engineering services to the project team, meeting statutory, technical and system compliance.
- Provide engineering and technical guidance and support to the project and bidding teams; - Take a leading role in the review of temporary works carried out on our projects as well as evaluate possible methodologies during the bidding stage; - To act as a point of contact between the site team and external design consultants; - To lead and manage design team meetings and ensure that design deliverables are set and delivered; - To co-ordinate an engineering team and ensure they are kept fully utilised; - Manage the requirements of each of our projects and co-ordinate delivery in line with the construction programme; - Develop innovative engineering solutions; - Assist in development of construction methodologies / plans / programmes; - Liaise with suppliers of both new and established construction methodologies; - Adherence to Douglas OHI policies and procedures.
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or other related design degree.
- Strong technical knowledge and engineering ability; - Working knowledge of local standards and municipality design requirements; - Strong construction knowledge and track record of delivery; - Good commercial awareness; - Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and teams; - Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with client and consultant teams; - Strong knowledge in Quality, HSE and excellent IT skills - Ability to work both on your own and as part of a team - Ability to work to deadlines - Good problem-solving skills.
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Work exposre in heavy Civil in Petrochemical Plants, Building Construction – Shopping Malls, Schools, Hotels, Office Buildings (Commercial Centre’s), Power Plants, Sewage Plants, Water treatment Plants
- Some with a temporary works background would also be beneficial. They may have been a Temporary Works Coordinator or Auditor in a past employment.
- Full working knowledge of Autodesk Revit and Navisworks software.