An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and results driven Operations Manager to join our Operations, Maintenance and Services (OM&S) team based in Mackay, Queensland. Reporting to the General Manager – QLD & NT OMS, this position is accountable for sourcing and developing new contracts and customers in the Bowen Basin coal sector, ensuring all legal and contractual obligations are achieved and aligned with Downer risk and commercial requirements.
- Cultivate new customers, develop and establish new contracts, and work collaboratively with Downer Mining personnel (Mackay) and the Gladstone based OM&S management team
- Ensure continuity of work with existing and new clientele, and promote growth in the Queensland coal sector/relationships where possible
- Ensure execution and completion of works within the assigned contracts are in accordance with the clients expectations for safety, quality, time, and cost constraints to achieve profitable outcomes and meet the company expectations for the same
- Ensure that all contracts are legally managed and advanced in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contact agreements
- Wiling and be able to bear high level responsibility, make decisions and be accountable for self and behaviour
- Organised, controlled, planned – capable of delivering and managing multi-discipline processes concurrently – able to manage these efforts with ease
- Extensive experience gained in a similar role in the Maintenance and Services industry.
- Tertiary qualification or a demonstrated strong background in maintenance within the mining sector
- Demonstrated experience with contract terms and conditions, variations and recovery of claims.
- Experience with the commercial and legal issues impacting upon the delivery of projects.
- Experience implementing and utilising project management, contract management, risk management and financial management principles in the management of the project.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and persuasive negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply organisational knowledge, systems and tools in order to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrates ability to identify all contractual obligations, liability frameworks and requisite requirements.
- Effective application of problem solving techniques and analysis to improve performance
- Ability to implement corporate governance, processes and procedures.
- Ability to gather, analyse and understand complex information to prepare reports and make recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver outputs in a challenging environment and tight deadlines
Send resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org