This position will be based out of our Costa Mesa facility and is an immediate need. Local candidates preferred. Responsibilities include detailed inspection, testing, troubleshooting, and repair of standard products in accordance with Schneider Electric test and quality procedures.
Will work under the direction of the Test Manager and collaborate with other Test Technicians to test various Schneider Electric products to established performance specifications and to ensure standards are met. Will perform troubleshooting and repairs on standard products or fixtures, to component level.
- Perform work flow scheduling and administrative tasks as needed
- Ensure test equipment is properly maintained and operational.
- Ensure all other assigned tasks are performed in a timely manner.
- Perform demonstration and witness testing of Schneider Electric equipment to potential or actual customers.
- Perform training of junior technicians.
- Assist Engineering and Customer Support departments on standard product and on new product development, as needed.
- Provide backup for senior technicians as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
- Associate of Arts/Science in Electrical Engineering or Technology from a recognized College, with four (4) year’s comparable experience; Certificate of Completion from a recognized Technical Trade School, or in process of attaining and/or Advanced Military technical school, plus four (4) years comparable work experience. High School Degree/GED or equivalent required.
- Experience with high voltage testing a major plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and oral, in English.
- Good computer skills, including familiarity with MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to use basic electronic test and measurement equipment, such as DVM’s, oscilloscopes, and to correctly interpret the results.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Knowledge of basic soldering techniques and use of soldering equipment
- Must have good color vision, to identify color coded wiring and cables
- Solid understanding of UPS systems.
- Be able to occasionally handle, as required, both hazardous and non-hazardous waste in a safe manner and in compliance with local, state, and federal ordinances.
- Be able to work occasional overtime during the week and on Saturday on short notice.
- Be able to follow posted factory regulations and safety rules.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com