Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following:
- High standard of personal presentation and grooming.
- An interest in fashion and Optometry.
- Available to work Weekends and Thursday evenings.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- An understanding of the importance and meaning of customer service.
- An interest in health care.
- An ability to quickly attain competency in IT systems.
- Able to attend full day training courses at our Subiaco training centre.
- Initiative, punctuality and reliability.
- Ability to work at short notice.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work cohesively within a team.
- A genuine reason for wanting casual employment.(For applicants for the casual position.)
Applicants with one year of optical experience (or a strong specialty retail background) are welcome to apply for the full time position.
The positions will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Reception and clerical duties.
- Merchandising of optical frames and accessories.
- Operating ophthalmic diagnostic equipment.
- Interpreting optical prescriptions.
- Offering technical and fashion advice on the suitability of optical frames and lenses.
- Liaising with Medicare and health insurance funds.
- Resolving customer concerns.
Applications should include a cover letter which:
- Is appropriately addressed.
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in the optical industry.
- Explains how the applicants previous education and/or work experience can be utilized in this position.
- Addresses at least five of the required criteria specified in this advertisement.
- Confirms a willingness to travel to our Subiaco training centre for five days of training during the first three months of employment.
- Includes at least two referees.
- Indicates the applicant's earliest possible starting date.
- Confirms if the applicant has any commitments (such as booked holidays) scheduled in the first 90 days after the closing date for applications.
Send resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org