Role: Systems Engineer
Location: Eagan, MN
Duration: 6+ Months
Team of 4 Unix/Linux Engineers- The Unix Systems Engineer is responsible for the deployment and support of the Linux and Unix platforms. This position will work both independently and Interdependently on a variety of projects and support tasks. This role’s primary responsibility is to ensure that production systems are available 24 x 7, and will Perform appropriate maintenance and corrective actions in that environment. This position will also interact with development groups, end users, business partners and all relevant parties involved in this environment.
- Ensure the integrity of the AIX Unix and Redhat platforms and overall health on a day to day basis
- Perform administration and troubleshooting activities
- Understand the business criticality of all components of the system environment
- Implement changes into the production environment following change control methodology
- Conduct technical design and reviews based on architectural guidance
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call support on a scheduled basis for the Linux and Unix platforms
- Plan system upgrades and updates, work with other IT and business stakeholders to complete activities
- Assist with efforts to drive change in the environment including articulating the business case, cost/benefit analysis, vendor analysis and detailed implementation plans
- Work closely with application areas to understand their existing needs and future requirements and include those needs in infrastructure plans.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to take 24x7 critical incident on-call duties when assigned
- After-hours support and implementation work may be required for critical incidents
Qualifications (years of experience in field):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, equivalent work experience
- Experience working in environment with regulatory compliance requirements (HIPAA, PCI, etc.)
- Previous experience in PBM / health care industry
- Understanding of security implications of domain
- ITIL Foundations Certification.
- At least 5+ years working with IT infrastructure server operating systems and technologies, including Linux and AIX
- Four or more years of experience supporting key enterprise business applications and servers
- Top Resume “must haves”: Red Hat Linux Experience.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com