The purpose of the role is to provide insightful analysis to the spot, electricity and gas contract trading teams in regards to strategy, financial planning and market behaviour.
What you'll be doing:
- Contribute to the development of profitable East Coast Wholesale gas and electricity contracting and trading strategies thought analysis and modelling of:
- Alinta Energy's fuel supply & transport positions;
- Australia's fuel supply and transport markets;
- Alinta Energy's physical and derivative electricity and gas positions;
- Australia's physical and derivative electricity and gas markets;
- Alinta Energy's customers and competitors;
- Contribute to the development of annual budgets and quarterly earnings reforecast exercises.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to formulate strategies that underpin financial targets;
- Support Senior Management in investigating and articulating business performance drivers;
- Engage internal stakeholders and build relationships across the business.
What we're looking for:
- Degree qualifications in commerce, engineering or a relevant numeric discipline;
- Broad understanding of energy markets in Australia, including the interplay of gas, coal and carbon;
- Solid foundation of financial and economic principles, including financial instruments and their role in risk management;
- Strategic thinker with the ability to solve problems in a logical and structured manner.
- Australian Energy Markets experience;
- 5 years + experience in investment/optimisation decision or analytical roles;
- Sophisticated financial and non-financial modelling capability.
Send resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org