Job Title: Build/Deployment Specialist
Location: Melville NY
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
Experience: 10-15+ years *in the US*
The Build/Deployment Specialist manages all aspects of IT deployment and release planning for a project or suite of projects developed in several technologies through multiple environments from Development Production.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conducts Daily builds and smoke tests of code placed into source control
- Creates and/or enhance build scripts to include various technologies (Java/WebSphere Portal/ Database Stored Procedures, etc.)
- Coordinates regression testing and execute with each deployment .
- Knowledge of SCM concepts, perform and strategizing the branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc. activities within source control system
- Oversees and facilitates the overall coordination of IT deployment planning.
- Supports the communication of IT implementation project milestones, supporting project teams with direction as needed.
- Provides detailed planning, manages issues, risks, and resources of work being done to fulfill implementation requirements
- Identifies any issues or risks associated with one or more IT implementation projects, developing and implementing mitigation strategies for timely resolution.
- Coordinates execution of master IT implementation plans through all aspects of implementation, including #go live# phase.
- Strong technical understanding of Software Development Life-Cycle Independent self starter with ability to handle multiple, concurrent priorities and projects EXCELLENT Communication (Verbal & Written) a MUST
- Experience conducting build and deploys / continuing integration of Java and/or portal based applications.
- Familiarity with Source control tools (Dimensions Preferred), Linux shell scripting, Ant, Release Management tools (CA Release Automation, Nolio or similar) Analytical/Problem Solving: Strong ability to identify and analyze technical objectives, needs, and scope, dissecting complex problems and suggesting process-oriented solutions.
- A critical thinker, quick to recognize and decide the most effective course of action in a complex, changing environment will succeed.
- Risk Management: Proactively identifies, analyzes, and mitigates risk, ensuring SLAs are maintained for stability and availability for critical IT systems.
- Ensures contingency plans for projects of high risk. Communication: Must possess EXCELLENT VERBAL and WRITTEN skills with the ability to communicate with and adapt to a diverse audience.
- Must be able to communicate and clarify complex features.
- Strong listening skills.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism.
- Experience: 10-15+ years *in the US* working for similarly sized companies to Canon with enterprise IT department that support
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com