As a valued member of the Operations team, the Specialist Hardware Support Technician is responsible for maintaining and repairing the container handling system and equipment whilst ensuring a safe and reliable operation at the Terminal. This role will be on call 24/7 and may be required to attend the Terminal outside of ordinary work hours when necessary.
The right person will be a highly talented individual who holds a trades qualification and possess an understanding of operational equipment, as well as being able to demonstrate a superior level of customer service.
This role would suit someone who is proactive with the ability to identify, analyse and solve operational and maintenance issues as they occur.
DP World Australia is committed to investing in the growth and development of our people and creating a positive working environment. As such we encourage applicants who are diligent, confident and willing to learn to apply for this role.
- Efficiently carry out maintenance tasks in a timely manner
- Ensure equipment breakdowns are responded to and addressed in an appropriate timeframe
- Source spare parts and technical information required in preparation for the undertaking of maintenance and repair tasks
- Provide high level support to the Terminal whilst ensuring that the equipment is fully tested before returning into service
- Assist in Managing vendors, contractual relationships and purchase ordering
- Conduct regular planned maintenance on required machines
- Commission and install hardware on required equipment where applicable
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Appropriate trades qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience as Tradesman
- Hold a heavy vehicle licence and preferably have experience working on the wharf
- Sound understanding of terminal specific container handling equipment, position detection system, GPS and access control
- Proven experience in vendor selection and management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with internal and external customers
- Strong organisational and time management skills
Send resume to email@example.com